Monday, February 24, 2014

Loads of great investigators, and more miracles!


Feb 24, 2014


Dear Family!
 

Hey I love you just so you know!

   I got a new opportunity this week to kind of lead the area here. My companion didn´t know the streets or investigators and we really did very well. We aren´t teaching lessons to focused people as much as we want, but we are teaching and we had a lot of lessons this week. My new companion is a fire ball! He hits it hard every day and strange as it sounds I have to try to keep up with him! He is the first companion I have felt is really gonna push me and help me grow as a missionary and by definition a teacher. He is a rocket during planning and I have a ton to learn from him. I can´t wait to tell you about the successes we will have. We have a man this week named Jean that has been to church 6 consecutive times. He is interested in the Gospel, and is really finding himself at home in the ward. He speaks English fluently and is currently looking for a job to teach it. This last week he told us something that really amazed me. He comes from a family of alcoholics and was one himself, but, miraculously, he stopped the day he started to come to church, and has lost the desire to drink entirely, he told us he feels like his mind is clearer and he controls himself better. Truly this speaks wonders of the miracle and gift of Christ. We can truly lose our desire to sin, and I have seen it happen now to someone very special in a miraculous way. In short the work is good. We have strong, solid families that have good standards and a desire to learn. For this week we need some prayers troops! Regina, Casandra, Julio, Gabriel, Elizangela, and Jean are really super important. Please also pray for Luis, Lucas, Sergio, and Adrielle. I´m super excited to report on where they will be in a few weeks!

  Mom I actually have not gotten the package yet, it takes six weeks from what I hear to arrive in the mission office, and after that I can only get it after they send it or someone brings it to me. But don´t worry! I´m doing great! Hey you know what I just wanted to thank all you guys for the awesome letters and stuff! Mom the ties rock. I am the envy of many a missionary! I especially like the purple one you sent. Super cool. Hey by the way about packages I am good on food. Don't worry about what you send, my stomach is now used to the one meal a day thing. It was just a matter of getting used to. We eat with members almost every day and 95 percent of the time there is plenty to go around. I eat like a champ at lunch now and don´t have to worry the rest of the day! All is well, seriously you guys would be very impressed, I surprise myself daily at how much I eat.

  The super market is sweet Mom. We have access to meat, rice, beans, all types of spices, and the most amazing fresh fruit you can imagine. On days where we need to eat at home we have money given to us usually by the member responsible for that day. No worries! 

   Our apartment is nice, we live on the second floor and it looks out over lots of Guarapuava! It is usually hot here, people are incredibly nice (usually), members have started to take a liking to me and I think things are about to start to pick up momentum! The way we are headed I think you guys are in for some good letters home in the next few weeks!

  Tell me how the quilts, babies, water polo games, college, and new controller/gm are! I love hearing from home. My heart is always there, but I carry it with me too, I am very present here in the work, doing my best, and trying to put it all out there and come home in glory ahahahah! 

Love you alll!!!!!!!!!

 

Elder Mac Attack