Saturday, December 28, 2013

Week 5 in the MTC

Dear Family,

 I can't believe I am already writing you again. The days have meshed into one around here! 
 I was noticing yesterday that I don't really have a lot to write about. I seem to have just kind of hit a groove and have began to just move through the days. It makes me realize at night when I get your Dear Elders, which are very much appreciated by the way, and when I sit down to write in my journal that I'm not really making each day distinct. My goal for this week in this regard is to pay attention, and remember why each day is special. In order to do this I have to try to see these things. I noticed when I was doing this before I went to sleep happier and was satisfied with what I could record.
Portuguese is coming well! Yesterday my teacher asked me five questions really quickly and I was able to answer all but the last. It was super cool! My comprehension is decent and I am really feeling the gift of tongues.
I can't remember if I told you all this but.... maybe last week?.... Elder L. Tom Perry came and spoke to us! It was super cool.
I am making lots of friends here and I love my companion. We get along great and laugh together often!
Ty your letter to me was great!!!! I was happy to hear from you and about life in general! You allowed me to be home again for a few minutes when you wrote the way you did. You made your experiences come to life, and threw in your classic sense of humor. I loved it!! 
Mom, Thanks for your letter too! In response to your questions, I'm not sure when I will be able to call, or email, or be able to let you know where I am going. I am pretty sure that I get my reassignment on Thursday, so you can expect me to call you or email you within a week after that. I know you asked the other day about my exercise and nutrition and I wanted to let you know I am doing well. I have started running, doing push-ups, pull-ups, and crunches everyday.
Dad, Thanks for all the letters. Your consistency and thoughts are awesome.

Love,

Elder Showalter